Yoga and Health - Some Findings
1) As a result of Yoga there is a significant drop in blood pressure , An increase in red blood cells,
A significant change in the hematocrit values, and Increases in hemoglobin and lymphocyte counts. ....
"Science Studies Yoga," James Funderburk, Ph. D., Himalayan Publishers
2) More people reported finding relief from back pain through practice of Hatha Yoga than those who saw a neurosurgeon.
Klein in "Backache Relief " New American Library, 1985, New York
3) Adriane Fugh-Berman, MD in "Alternative Medicine: What Works" (Odonian, Press)
refers to both published and unpublished studies which found evidence that certain Yoga techniques improved pulmonary function, asthma, and high blood pressure.
4) A simple way of changing brain dominance comes to us as the result of pranayama
(breathing techniques of yogis). It is possible to activate the right brain by inhaling
through the left nostril only and increase left brain activity by inhaling through the right nostril.
The resulting changes can be shown on an EEG.
About my Yoga
Group Yoga Classes
Every Monday 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
15 $ per class per person
All other yoga classes are private, semi-private and personal group classes (i.e., make you own group of like minded persons),
choose your day and time.
1) My Yoga is a beautiful combination of ASANAS (body postures), PRANAYAMAS (controlled breathing techniques) and MEDITATION along with Bandhas & Mudras and Shuddhi Kriyas(Internal body purification / cleansing processes)
2) Explaining the benefit of each posture on body as you should know WHY along with HOW of each posture
3) Put great emphasis on each individual, with the belief that the teaching of Yoga must be tailored to fit the person, not the other way round
4) A gentler, more fluid yoga which is about real grounding both mental and physical and release of energy that comes from it
5) My Yoga works on body using gravity and energy so that body can open up like the petals of a lotus
6) Prove that the body, which is a miracle of bio-energy is able to heal wounds, mend bones, fight infection, restore depleted energy and resist all kinds of virus
7) To let you know the true meaning of different Prefixes of Yoga Ashtanga, Hatha, Kundalini, Raja, Karma
8) To let you know the meanings and purposes of Hand Mudras, Shuddhi Kriyas, Chakras & Balancing of Chakras and Mantras
9) My Yoga covers the different Asanas (body postures), Pranayamas and meditation along with Bandhas and Mudras and Shuddhi Kriyas
10) Daily practice brings about physical stability, balance, agility & stamina, as well as mental equilibrium and confidence.